I feel kinda silly starting a blog, but I figured, why not!
Well, we've had lots of changes in our lives recently. We bought a house at the end of February and moved on my 30th birthday. The house was a great present...the moving, not so much. But we are settled..sort of, and love the new house.
We also added a canine addition to the family. We've wanted another dog, but couldn't do it in an apartment. So, about a month ago, we applied to Retriever Rescue of Colorado to get another lab.
On May 28th we went to meet another dog. The foster mom called her Hua Mei. She is a three year-old purebread yellow lab. She was a stray and was very sick when she came into rescue. She had ten puppies, but only two survived. She was covered in fleas and ticks and has scars and patches of raw skin. She met another family who passed her up--because she didn't look like a "winner," I guess. But it worked out great for us because she is a wonderful dog. She and Tucson don't really play yet, but she is still getting used to her new home. They don't seem to mind each other, though. Oh, and we renamed her Lisa. For those of you who know how much of a Simpsons fan Jared is, then you'll appreciate her name. She is curious, intelligent and playful, just like her namesake. And she's yellow!
More later...
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This is a great Idea Len- That's the first pic of the house i've seen and it looks GREAT! congrats on the new doggie- after getting jezzabell- the first female dog I can really remember (dakota was to early) its amazing how differen't they are from males- almost much easier... Anyways- this is a good idea and you should keep it up!!!
Love- jessica
We love your new blog - and your new dog! I like the name Lisa. We'll check back often. We miss you Uncle Jared and Aunt Len!
Len and Jared,
What a cute dog !! I'm glad everything worked with Lisa; I'm sure that before long, she and Tucson will be having a good time. I'll talk to you soon.
We went to a graduation party for Nick Anggelis in Louisville last Saturday; Pat,Tommy,Chris,Connie, and all the children said "hi" to you.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment