So lately we have had a lot of changes at work. We are undergoing restructuring that has been in the works for a while. We finally found out what is happening and it started yesterday.
So, some background information. I initally was hired to do Early Intervention. Basically I do in-home services for families to prevent removal of children and court, if possible. We had a drastic increase in referrals starting about a year ago, so my EI coworkers and I were doing more investigations rather than providing services. Each team used to consist of 8 workers (4 EI and 4 investigation workers on my team). Now they want each team to consist of 6 workers. They also wanted to restore our roles back to carrying cases and providing services. So... they split the team. My supervisor has done intake for years and years and decided that she was more suited for that. She kept the four intake workers, and the four EI workers got a new supervisor yesterday. I am feeling fairly hopeful about it. The new supervisor has been at the department for 19 years and has worked in several aspects of Child Protection, so she will bring a wealth of information. It will be sad leaving the other four team members, but we will still see them I am sure! My favorite part about it is that with the slow-down in referrals (school is out!!!), my workload is getting manageable for the first time in a long time! I will actually be working with families and providing services again. I can't believe, though, that I will be the most senior member on the team! Well, except the supervisor of course! Oh, and I go back to being the youngest again :(
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like work and home are going great for you all. I'm so glad that your work load is getting managable and that Lisa and Tucson are getting along! Thanks for blogging, too! We love to read about what's going on in Denver!
Glad to hear that you had a good visit with the family !! I hope that everything at work continues to improve; it sounds like the department is on the right track. Can't wait to see you, Jared, and the pups in August !!
love,
Mom
Post a Comment